Yesterday, I went to Costco. Surprise Surprise. It was actually pretty sad because I only left with 1 item....a $5 rotisserie chicken. YUM. I still have tons of left over chicken so I decided it was time to make a homemade pizza.
I love Trader Joe's pizza dough so I picked some up after work. I also got some sweet peppers and tomatoes. Epic Fail. Moldy peppers and grainy tomatoes. I was really really sad. But it didn't stop me from making a delicious pizza!
Spicy Garlic Chicken Pizza
- store bought pizza dough
- flour, for rolling dough
- corn meal
- olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- hot sauce (I used Tapatio because I am obsessed with it)
- left over chicken, shredded
- shredded lowfat mozzarella
- 1 carton of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
1. Let the dough rest on floured surface for 20 minutes (or follow dough specific directions if using non-Trader Joe's dough).
2. Saute mushrooms in butter until brown, set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 450.
4. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape/size. Dust bottom of dough with corn meal.
5. Brush dough with olive oil. Cover with minced garlic.
6. Add mushrooms, hot sauce, and chicken. Cover with cheesey goodness.
7. Fold edges of dough over and brush with olive oil.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Disclaimer: while amazing and super tasty, I did miss the tomatoes and peppers that I had planned on using....so go ahead and add those for an even better pizza