Spicy Tofu with Smoky Black Bean Dip
*Adapted from Skewer It!
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained (liquid reserved)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
-1 14-oz package of firm tofu
1. Combine olive oil, chile, garlic, and salt together in a small bowl.
2. Slice tofu into 3/4" blocks. Add to bowl and toss gently to coat with marinate. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Combine beans, 1/2 cup of reserved bean broth, ketchup, cumin, coriander, chile, garlic, and lemon juice in food processor. Process until well incorporated but not completely smooth, about 5 seconds. Season with salt, if necessary. Set aside.
5. Place marinated tofu on baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Idea: Place cilantro leaf on top of each tofu square and hold together with toothpick for an easy party appetizer