Oh, AND...I have my camera setting on Tv (whatever that means) and not the point&shoot settings. I didn't notice until I was uploading the pictures. So, I apologize for the terrible pictures!
I've been looking at recipes and came across one for cauliflower pizza dough. Pizza dough? I've heard of cauliflower imitating mashed potatoes but never pizza dough. All of the pictures I browsed all looked delicious and very similar to the famous Italian staple. I'm guessing I just didn't cook it long enough (I only put it in for 12 minutes when the recipe said 12-15).
When I started this blog, I said I was going to post successes AND failures. Well, it has come time. However, I encourage you to give it ago and let me know how it goes! If it works, you've got a super super healthy pizza. And if it doesn't, well, you have a super super healthy squishy pizza like me =)
Cauliflower Pizza Dough
- 1 cup of riced cooked cauliflower (I used a food processor)
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used low fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
1. Preheat oven to 450. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Combine cauliflower, cheese, and egg in bowl.
3. Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, and fennel.
4. Press evenly on pan.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and top with toppings/cheese/sauce.
7. Place under broiler at high heat until cheese is melted.